100 MILLION FOR ARTIST, ACTORS’ AND MUSICIANS (STIMULUS PROGRAM)
TOGETHER @ HOME (Three months together at home campaign for culture and creative industries)
In general fund is set to help creatives under the following categories.
- Sports organizations
- Professional sports person
- Government implementing agencies.
The state department of culture and heritage will further help implement the fund disbursement in the model of paying for work as follows:
- Department of culture
The department will incorporate visual artist to work on visual work communicating messages of COVID -19.
- National Museum of Kenya
The National museum of Kenya will work with Artists to generate mural and graffiti communicating COVID-19 messages to the public.
- Permanent presidential music commission.
The commission will employ the use of musicians and dancers who will communicate the COVID-19 message.
- Kenya cultural centre.
The Kenya cultural centre will work with poets, artists, spoken word artists and story tellers who will also tell the COVID-19 stories to Kenyans.
- Kenya film board
The board is urged to ensure production of film around the COVID-19 to educate people on the same.
The creatives were urged ton package communication and information for sharing on, Gender based violence and social ills, pay special attention to stress management and mental health awareness through entertainment
Points to note.
- The fund will target 20,000 creatives.
- The fund will offer support for three months.
- All creatives to benefit from this stimulus package will have to register with a board and a waiver will be given for the registration of the creatives.
- All assigned agencies to ensure due diligence in selection of content
- There should be inclusion of 30 % allocation of content for people with disability and youths.
- That there is equal representation from all the 47 counties
- The fund will strictly adhere to the ministry of health directive on COVID-19
- The fund will contribute to the month of May mental health awareness campaigns.
There will be discussions in due course on further course of action. The KULTURE TV will continue the discussion moving forward.