Welcome to Music n Brains
If you are a musician who feels like you need a better hold on your business, read on.
Music ’n’ Brains is an industry event series designed to educate musicians and music business professionals, showcase new & unknown musical acts, and celebrate the connecting power of music. Think of it as your unofficial MBA in Music Business, based entirely on the experiences of other musicians and music professionals around us.
Our goal is to help musicians build sustainable businesses. What’s missing from the Kenyan music scene is not talent but marketing, branding, business development, fundraising, networking opportunities... Basically everything that makes any ordinary business successful.
We (music ‘n’ brainers) cannot carry a tune at all, but we can lead the way to building a music business community that local musicians can tap into for knowledge. The content from each of our events will be captured in video, audio and written formats for perpetual access.
Hosted every first Friday of the month at Creatives Garage, our launch event features Fena Gitu. Fena showed up in the music scene as backup vocalist for Muthoni the Drummer Queen and Dela in 2009. Fast forward to today and we are all dancing to Fenamenal Woman, Brikicho, Sema Ng'we, Doing Her Thing Tho, and more. From the outside, Fena's career is on the up and up, and we can't wait to be looking back at her 20, 30, 40 year legacy.
But, what kind of work needs to be done to make sure your music business is successful for years to come? This is what we will be getting into during our chat.Agenda:
- 7.00 - 8.00pm Fireside Chat with Fena
- 6.30 - 7.00pm Networking, Music Showcase, Refreshments
- 8.00 - 9.00pm Jam Session, Bring Your Own Instrument!
*Note: By music showcase we mean, send us a link to your music on Soundcloud, we’ll add it to our event day playlist, which will be published post event with a short bio and your contact information. Go here.
Our philosophy is, everyone needs to win. Now more than ever, everything is possible. You will leave every event with hope, new friends and be one step closer to the dream coming true.
To wrap up:
- Do you strongly feel that this event is for you? Grab your ticket here
- Do you know any amazing musicians and music professionals we should consider to speak at future events? Tell us who and why here
- Would you like to volunteer on event day for a complimentary ticket? Give us your details here
- Is this a venture you want to partner with? Message firstname.lastname@example.org.